29 Feb 2012

TUSAL – February 2012 & Kids Company Project


February 2012


While updating my blog yesterday I decided to spend a little time searching for some stitching blogs.

During my happy hour of browsing I came across a sight called   It’s Daffy Cat,  
where there’s a TUSAL blog hop each month.  Because it reminded me so much of the weekly blog hop  What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday   that I take part in on Sue’s Krafty Kards,   one of my other blog I thought it might be fun to join in.

For those not in the know ‘TUSAL’ stands for ‘Totally Useless Stitch-a Long’ and the idea is that each month, on or around a designated date everyone joining in posts a picture of all the odd thread clippings from their work.  It’s all a bit of nonsense really but it’s fun and a good way to visit lots of likeminded people who enjoy stitching as a hobby.


Anyway, here’s the picture of my very first TUSAL, all be it a little bit late for this month because it should have been posted on the 21st, but hey ho!



All of the threads in my little jar are from the cross stitch squares I’m doing for the Kids Company project where we are making personalised cushions for the children.  We’ve made more than 400 since starting the project back in 2008.

Here’s my latest WIP.


If you’re interested to find out how I got involved with the project you can read about it  Here   or to see all the stitching I’ve done for the project click on the Kids Company link under Labels on my side bar.

These are the latest finished cushions made with panels that I’ve stitched.

























To see the Kid’s Company galleries   Click Here


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the TUSAL, Sue! Your ORTs are very pretty!

    I love your charity project. So very kind.

    ReplyDelete