16 Dec 2012

December TUSAL – The Last of the Year!

16th December  2012


Although I’m a little late this month, I couldn’t miss the very last TUSAL of the year, so here I am.


Since finishing the cross stitched part of the Advent calendar,  I’ve been working on one of my Great Unfinished pieces. 


Now, I’m ashamed to say this has been a work in progress.....….ok, not so much progress, Lol, since 1993, when it was purchased from the Stitch show at Olympia. 

I had always wanted to stitch a sampler and immediately fell in love the vintage look and muted shades that were in this Moira Blackburn sampler kit called Time and Season..


I started to stitch almost as soon as I got it home but roughness of the ‘Rustico’ Aida was making my finger sore and in the end it was thrown into a cupboard and didn’t see the light of day until last week when I pulled it out and started stitching again. 
It’s coming along nicely now and no sore fingers so far so I’m guessing that I’ve toughened up over the last 19 years!

In between, I’ve also stitched a few more squares for the  SOLAK  quilts.


My next big project is in the process of being sorted too.

I’ve decided to stitch Celtic Autumn in her original colours after a lot of soul searching. 
I was torn between the original and the altered Russet shades that people are stitching in but at the end of the day the original colours will look better in the room where it’s destined to hang, so I’m going with it. 
I know that Santa is going to bring me the threads and beads I need, so all I have to do is sort the fabric……….can’t wait to get started!

Well that’s it for another month.

There will be a new TUSAL starting over at  It’s Daffy Cat,  so if you want to join in next year, keep an eye open for the new sign up.

Oh, and before I go, can I take this opportunity to thank everyone who visits my blog. 
It’s always great to have visitors and I love and appreciate all your comments.

I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Christmas and New Year.

Happy Stitching!
Sue
x

1 comment:

  1. The time and season sampler is beautiful! I love its muted shades. Hope you don't hide it again before it gets finished. A blessed Christmas to you and your loved ones. May you have the choicest gifts of the season- love, joy, hope and peace beyond understanding. Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete