24 Feb 2013

Doing a Happy Dance! - Time and Season Sampler


24th February 2013

It’s been a long time coming but I’m most definitely doing a happy dance this morning, because last night I finally put the very last stitch into my Time and Season Sampler.


 It really was a long time coming.

Believe it or not I originally started this back in 1993, when I finished the first corner of it but then it was put at the back of the cupboard and not picked up again until late December last year.  Since then I’ve been plodding away at it in between other things and now it’s finally done. 
All I have to do now is sort out a frame and try and decide where it’s going to hang.




I have to say, I was really pleased with the kit because there were no worries regarding whether I would run out of thread or not. 

There was loads in there, in fact there was so much that I’m going to stitch The Prairie Schooler’s ‘April Showers brings May Flowers’ with what’s left over.


Happy Stitching!
Sue
x

 

7 comments:

  1. I love this sampler, and yours is gorgeous!I've been wanting to start this one for a long time, and I think yo have been my inspiration to get going. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a stunning sampler,love the soft colours.
    (I don't know if it's just me..... but I can hardly read the pale blue writing. hope you don't mind me saying)
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is superb Sue - what a labour of love. I do like the colours in the kit and how nice that you have added this years date on too

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful sampler, Sue.
    I'm doing the same words within a Quaker motif. I like yours more:( however, will continue with mine now. It too has been under way for a few years.
    Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should be doing a happy dance - it's beautiful! I love this piece - congrats!

    ReplyDelete