4 Sept 2014

Framing


I’m sure you’ll agree with me when I say that the finishing of a project is almost as important as stitching itself.   Pick the wrong frame and it can completely ruin the look, but I’m very lucky in that I have a framers in our High Road,  Frames of London.   
They have been looking after my finished pieces for many  years now and I can honestly say that I’ve never been disappointed with the finished results. 

When I’m about to take something in to be framed I usually have the discussion with myself about the pros and cons of non-reflective glass, but I’m not a fan of the mat finish it has and always go with standard glass.
Alas, it’s not good if you’re trying to photograph your work though, as you will see in my pictures.

So, here are the latest two projects they have framed for me.

Celtic Autumn.
I already knew the frame I wanted for this one.  It’s the same as the one I have on Celtic Spring but in the Gold option as opposed to the Silver.  

 The photo doesn’t really do it justice because it looks so opulent and I love it!

The second one is the Wedding Sampler, United in Love.

Now, when I took this in I had in my mind that I wanted a White ornate frame but when I was laying them against the project it really wasn’t working.
 
 With the help of staff in the shop we finally settle for a Greyish/Pink plain frame, which picks up the colour of the fabric perfectly.
 I just hope that Lee and Manna like it as much as I do! 

Happy Stitching!
Sue
x

No comments:

Post a Comment