26 Oct 2016

Everyone needs Helping Hands!


As you'll be aware as a reader of my blog, I have been busy over the years cross stitching for various charity projects with my good friend Nicki. 

As a way of keeping track of the many projects, Nicki decided it would be a good idea to set up a Facebook group

The name of the group,   Helping Hands – Stitching & Sewing for Good Causes,   and they now have over 1780 members.

The way the group works is that if you have a charity project that you would like help with, Nicki will set up a project sheet and add it to the data files.  Then members can choose the projects they would like to help with, dipping  in and out as they please. There's absolutely no pressure regarding how much or how little you do, although a few of the projects do have time restraints.

I was just a spectator to start with, looking at all the wonderful quilts, blankets, little yellow ducks, fiddle muffs and other wonderful projects that people were working on and then in August of 2015 I decided to take the plunge  and get busy with my crochet hooks.
My first project was making little crocheted blankets for the neo natal unit at my local hospital, Princess Alexandra, Harlow, Essex. 





 
Happy Stitching!
Sue
x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment