2 Sept 2017

Stardust Melodies – Crochet – a- Long

We started with ‘Begin the Beguine’ and ended with ‘I Wish You Love’, with a sprinkling of Stormy Weather and Pennies from Heaven in-between and that can only mean one thing………...

My Stardust Melodies Throw is now complete!

 

I loved every minute working on this, so much so that there’ll be no rest for my crochet hook …….I have the yarn and am about to start another in shades of Grey!

 
Happy Crafting!

Whatever your passion may be

Sue

x

4 comments:

  1. I happened on your blog as I was trying to decide on a joining method for my own Stardust Melodies blanket, and I just love what you've done. Looking at the photos, it looks like you did a round of 2sc ch1 repeats in your join color on eat square, then a flat braid join. Is that correct?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, yes that's exactly right. I wanted the join to lay flat and this seemed to be the best option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. What was the size of each block and size of the final blanket?
    Also, was the border part of the original crochet along?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi LAFoutloud Designs.
    Unfortunately I no longer have the throws as they were gifts, so I'm unsure of the size my squares finished up. I don't really worry too much about tension when I'm working on something like this and the final sized isn't too important. If it helps, the photos were taken with it laying on a 4'6" double bed. The border was part of the original CAL but if I remember correctly, I made mine a few rows wider.

    ReplyDelete